Pages

Friday, November 19, 2021

Red Cabbage Indictator

Experiment: Red Cabbage indicator.

Equipment:

  1. Red Cabbage

  2. Knife

  3. Bunsen Burner

  4. Beaker

  5. Water

Method:

  1. Cut the cabbage into small pieces.

  2. Place the cabbage in the beaker and fill it with 50 ml of water.

  3. Once the cabbage has boiled for 2 minutes turn it off and leave it to cool down.

  4. Once it has cooled remove the cabbage leaves and use the red water as an indicator.

Complete the quiz below:

The ph scale ranges from what numbers? 0-14

Name 4 substances that are acidic? Water, Stomach Acid, Lemon and Vinegar

Name 4 substances that are basic? Bleach, Drain Cleaner, Soap and Ammonia

Name another pH indicator used in a science lab? Litmus Paper

By using red cabbage as an indicator we can determine what the pH level is of substances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post