Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Skittles - Science

 Chromatography is a technique for the best separation of a mixture by passing it in solution or suspension   through a medium in which the components move at different rates.

 Aim: To separate the colours from the skittles by using chromatography.

 Materials:

  1. 5 Skittles
  2. Water
  3. Petri Dish
  4. Beaker
 Process:
  1. Get your Equipment set up ready to pour the 50mls of water into the petri dish with the skittles.
  2. Place the Skittles into the petri dish around the edges.
  3. Pour 50mls water gently into the middle of the petri dish.
  4. Watch as the water removes the dye from the skittles. 
  5. Take pictures of your Skittles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post