Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Gummy Bears Osmosis - Science

 Hello,

Gummy Bear Osmosis

Aim:

I want to find out what happens to Gummy Bears when we put them into different liquids.

Hypothesis

I think that my Gummy Bear will expand its size and become slimy. The weigh of my Gummy Bear was originally 2.35g  

Method:

  • Three Solutions - water, sugar and salt
  • Four Gummy Bears of the same colour
  • Two Petri Dishes
  • Marker pen
  • Electronic Balance
  • Measuring Cylinder
  • Beaker
Steps
  1. Get your equipment
  2. Label Petri Dishes with DRY, WATER, SALT WATER, SUGAR WATER.
  3. Weigh the Gummy Bears and record their weight on the Petri Dish
  4. Add 40mL of the soloution into the Petri dish.

Solvent

Dry

Wet

Water

2.45

2.45 (still the same)

Salt Water

2.36

2.74

Sugar Water

2.35  

2.91


Findings 


My gummy bear didn’t expand as much as the other ones because I didn’t put enough sugar water but it it got a bit bigger 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post