Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2020

What affected people during the Christchurch Earthquake

 Today we are learning about the Christchurch Earthquake in 2011

People died 

Families with homes destroyed - Lique faction - crumbled - foundations ruined

People lived in garages because they felt nervous/scared/worried

Injuries

People had to move away from Christchurch

Business places broken-move business

Set up other medical centres/Hospital depts

Helpers - Taiwanese rescuers  Student army   Japanese search and rescue      Navy   NZ Military   Christchurch earthquake repairs tipped to cost $1 billion - NZ Herald

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eduarda!
    It's Angela from SHS, Wow I can't believe such a tragic thing happened in Chirstchurch.

    What else did you learn about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we learned about the world war 1 and how Polynesians navigated across the sea, women in ww1 and how it affected them, navigation, the gold rush

      thanks for commenting on my blog sorry i only saw it a month later

      -Eduarda

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post