Pages

Friday, July 2, 2021

Milk Plastic

Aim: Turn milk into plastic 

Milk Plastic Link

Materials:

Method:
  1. Pour one cup of milk into a pot or microwavable container.
  2. Heat the milk in the microwave or in the stove until it is steaming
  3. Add 4 table spoons of white vinegar to a mug.
  4. Add the hot milk to the mug with the vinegar.
  5. Stir the mixture with a spoon.
  6. Stack four layers of paper towels on a surface that is safe to get damp.
  7. Scoop out the curds with a spoon and place them on the paper towels.
  8. Fold the paper towels over the curds and press it down to absorb excess liquid.
  9. Knead all the curds together into a ball of dough.
  10. Colour, shape or mold the dough as you like.
  11. You can colour your dough with food colouring.
  12. You can add glitter to make the dough sparkle.
  13. You can use cookie cutters to shape your dough.
  14. Or you can sculpt the dough with your hands.
How did the consistency of the milk change during the plastic making process?





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post